Call for Artists: Favell Museum Juried Art Show & Sale 2017
Contemporary Representational Two Dimensional Art and Sculpture
A Juried Art Exhibit Presented by the Favell Museum
Klamath Falls, Oregon • September 15 – October 28, 2017
Our show is current listed at onlinejuriedshows.com. The link to the Favell Museum show is…
About the Favell Museum – For over 45 years, the Favell Museum has protected and preserved some of the nation’s finest contemporary western art and Native American artifacts. The art collection includes Charles M. Russell, John Clymer, and Frank McCarthy. Last year, thousands of people visited what America’s Byways magazine called “one of the three best such museums in the United States.” The museum founders successfully hosted art shows from 1973–2001. Celebrated artists were featured, while collectors from across the country attended. After the museum founder’s passing, the show was discontinued. The museum eventually became a non-profit organization. In 2013 the tradition of supporting and promoting exceptional artists was proudly renewed!
The Favell Museum Art Show & Sale is an annual exhibition, featuring original, contemporary, representational art from approximately 30 artists, including oil, pastel, watercolor, acrylic, and mixed media. Up to four sculptors will be accepted. The 2017 show will open with an artist weekend on September 15th-17th. The show will run through October 28th. Artists are encouraged to attend the opening weekend, beginning with a Friday evening patron/membership reception, a full day of demonstrations/attractions on Saturday, all culminating with a fabulous Sunday champagne/appetizer brunch.
Following the opening weekend:
- Activities will be offered on September 23rd, in association withArts on the Flyway, a Klamath Falls Downtown/Main Street art festival. The museum plays a leading role in the planning of the festival.
- The museum will host a number of small gatherings for buyers, including a closing event on Saturday, October 28th. Artists are encouraged to attend the closing event – unsold art may beretrieved at that time.
- Show sales benefit from what is the busiest season for museum admissions, and tourism to Crater Lake National Park, which is in Klamath’s backyard!
Advertising: The museum will partner with Discover Klamath to promote our art show throughout Oregon, Northern California, and beyond, with strategically placed regional and national advertising, including print, television, social media, and more. The show will be promoted on Facebook at Favell Museum Juried Art Show & Sale 2017 and on Instagram @favellmuseum.
People’s Choice Cash Awards: First Place $1,000, Second Place $500, Third Place $250. The First Place winner will be automatically entered into our 2018 show, with their art featured in its advertising.
- Works sent for juried entry do not necessarily have to be works you send for the show.
- Applicants will be judged by an anonymous 3 person jury.
- The deadline for entry – EXTENDED to May 14, 2017.
- Submit your images along with any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit 4 digital images that represent your current work. Works will be juried by digital image only, sized to 1920 pixels on the longest side and at a resolution of 72 dpi. No frame or other extraneous material should appear in the image. Save the image as a high quality jpg. Include your name, title of the piece, size, medium, and price.
- Include your contact information, a brief biography, and a link to your website, if available.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $50, payable to the Favell Museum, must arrive in the mail at 125 West Main Street, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 by May 5, 2017, for your work to be considered for the show. If your preference is to use a credit or debit card please call the museum at 541-882-9996.
- Artists selected to exhibit in the show will be notified by May 25, 2017.
- Favell Museum Invitational Art Show & Sale 2017: September 15 – October 28, 2017
- Deadline for entry forms: May 5, 2017
- Email notification of acceptance: May 25, 2017
- At least one high resolution image of art dedicated to the show (for advertising): June 1, 2017
- Full biography (will be edited for consistency with other bios): June 1, 2017
- Consignment sheet and images of all art to be exhibited in the show (for website): August 1, 2017
- Delivery of art work: September 1, 2017*
- Opening reception: Friday evening, September 15, 2017
- Opening for general admission: Saturday, September 16, 2017
- Champagne Brunch: Sunday, September 17, 2017
- Exhibit closes: October 28, 2017
- Pick-up art work: Throughout November*
* Favell Museum: 125 W. Main St., Klamath Falls, OR 97601; Hours: Tuesday – Saturday;10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Specifications for Two-Dimensional & Sculpture:
- Two-dimensional art including oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, mixed media – Each selected artist must submit at least four or more pieces of art, (quantity depends on size) to be displayed salon style on two permanent museum display panels measuring 92” tall with a maximum display area of 42.5” wide (leaving one inch on the left/right of frame). You may substitute smaller (and additional) pieces for larger pieces, but your display area/lighting will remain the same. We encourage a variety of sizes and prices.Framing Requirements – oils, acrylics & mixed media may be unframed if gallery wrapped edges are painted, other two-dimensional work must be framed, properly wired and ready to hang.
- Sculpture – Each artist must submit at least four pieces of sculpture, we strongly encourage sculptors to bring a larger quantity at various pricepoints.
Commission: Favell Museum will retain a 40% fee for the sale of consigned art, with the exception of 33% for bronze. Commission checks will be mailed the week following the close of the show. Sales that are the direct result of contact made between participating artists and museum/show guests are subjected to this agreement as indicated. We must have Form 1099-MISC on file to process commission checks. Visit www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099msc.pdf to download a 1099. We will also make them available at the museum.
Packaging, Shipping, Insurance: at the artist’s expense.
Standards of Quality: Please be advised that we reserve the right to refuse to exhibit any artwork that does not, in our opinion, meet the quality standards expected.
For more information, please contact us at 541-882-9996 or email@example.com.